Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Almost - Wordless Wednesday - Gym



Fighting depression requires a multi-angled approach. One thing that has always worked for me as a huge energy and spirit lifter is exercise. Not a casual walk.. I'm talking flat out, running, striding, cycling til the sweat drips from your chin to your elbows and to the floor. 
First I LOVE to RUN.
Love . It. 




3 km in 21 minutes. I'm okay with that - around 9 kms/hr .. 
Then onto the elliptical trainer .. I can't express to you how much I hate this machine but the endorphins are flying so what the heck.....



 Please forgive blurry photo, hard to take happy snaps when you are striding and cursing yourself for thinking this was a good idea.
After 15 mins of hate-filled elliptical-ness - a cruisy cycle.


I admit I don't think too hard on the bike, I cycle hard and read my Kindle. When I'm bored with the story I get off.
Then I stretch.
And I feel good.

8 kilos have waved goodbye, which tells you something of the crappy, not-moving, not-eating-right place I was in.
Onward and upward from here.
xxx
PS I still hate the elliptical trainer.

What do you do to get in the right head space?

12 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I have just returned to running. Yesterday. After maybe nearly two months of nothing. I got out 4km in 30 mins, kinda happy but would much rather get to 5. Mind you I got worn out just reading about all you do, super woman you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Am seriously impressed at your return! Seriously. But don't you love that .."I did that today" feeling thst comes afterwards. Such a boost. Happy days. My daughter wants to do the colour run later this year... are you in??

      Delete
  2. Congrats! Keeping it up on the long run is the key to success... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou Marko.. the aim was not weight lose, but it is a pleasant surprise. I will keep going . because it makes a difference to how I feel about my day , thanks for the positive support, I appreciate it xx

      Delete
  3. 8 KG! That's amazing - you little bragger, you!!!! So looking forward to seeing you tomorrow - if I can find you!!!! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to say it but the elliptical is my fav beacuse it's so low impact but works arms and legs! Go on you for the AWESOME loss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are entirely right about exercise being a spirit lifter. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic job, you must be so happy with the loss. I have lost around the same, but I am not a huge exerciser, I love to walk, and I find that a fantastic way to get right in my head. I just need to keep of the bad food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 8 kilos have waved goodbye - awesome and improvement on depression even better.Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should be so proud, bet you feel fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 100% agree - I exercise mostly for my head. It's been about a month now though, so I'd better do something about that!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, please be kind and respectful. We all have different views of the world, sharing your view with gentle words is appreciated.xxx Lisa