Saturday, June 15, 2013

Still his little girl

As he hugged me goodbye earlier this week, I crumbled.
Like a baby, held in his strong arms, I laid my head on my Dads shoulder and I cried.

My best friend is preparing to say goodbye to her Dad in the next few weeks. Cancer has a stronghold and he won't win this battle. I can't imagine knowing that there are only a few precious moments left to have those cuddles and absorb that strength.

On my Ipod this week, this song is on repeat. It is beautiful and heartfelt.

Listen.



To my lovely Daddy , because everything that I am comes from you.
xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh bless, so sorry to hear of your friend's impending loss. Daddies are such wonderful things. Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses to you and yours

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, please be kind and respectful. We all have different views of the world, sharing your view with gentle words is appreciated.xxx Lisa